Seniors and others without transportation may want to look into our local transit system. Although a bit limited in service routes, they do provide a great service to seniors. We have had some great personal experience with their services for seniors.
LakeTran’s telephone number: 1-888-525-3872
Here is a link to their website:
From their website:
Laketran is the regional transit authority for Lake County, Ohio. The agency was established on December 23, 1974. The name, “Laketran”, was adopted in 1979.
Laketran is Lake County’s regional public transportation system that provides three types of bus services: local bus routes, demand response Dial-a-Ride, and Park-n-Ride for Cleveland commuters.
All services are open to the public. The fleet servicing these routes consists of 16 kneeling local route buses, 22 motor coach buses for commuter service, and 76 paratransit vans for Dial-a-Ride. Laketran’s bus fleet is 100% ADA accessible and equipped with a lift.
Local Bus Routes:
Local Routes Operate Monday – Saturday
Saturday Route 5
To remain cost-effective, Saturday Route 5 bus service operates with a smaller “Dial-a-Ride” sized bus. The bus is equipped with a farebox, destinations sign, bike racks, pull cords and is ADA accessible.
- 1Painesville, Mentor, Great Lakes Mall, Lakeland Community College
- 2Mentor, Willoughby, Wickliffe, Euclid
- 3Great Lakes Mall, Lakeland Community College, Mentor – Wickliffe
- 4Madison, Painesville
- 5Fairport & Painesville Circulators
- 6Shops of Willoughby Hills, Shoregate, Lakeland Community College, Great Lakes Mall via Vine St.
- 1SSaturday: Painesville, Mentor, Great Lakes Mall
- 2SSaturday: Mentor, Willoughby, Wickliffe, Euclid
- 3SSaturday: Great Lakes Mall, Lakeland Community College, Mentor – Wickliffe
- 5SSaturday: Fairport Harbor/Painesville Circulator
- 6SSaturday: Shops of Willoughby Hills, Shoregate, Lakeland Community College, Great Lakes Mall via Vine St.
What is Dial-a-Ride?
Dial-a-Ride is a door-to-door, assisted transportation shared-ride service. Transportation services are provided throughout Lake County and to limited medical facilities in Cleveland.